Who we are
- Turtles Swimming Club was formed in 1964 and is a registered charity.
- The club is open to all people with a disability together with their helpers or immediate family.
- The club caters for all standards of swimmers and for all ages. The main pool is equipped with a hoist to help those with a physical disability in and out of the water.
- The club meets at the Highgrove pool, Ruislip every Saturday between 5pm and 6pm.
- Turtles Swimming Club has exclusive use of both pools at Highgrove during these times.
- Help and tuition is provided for a period of time by our swimming teachers and helpers but can not be guaranteed at every session.
- The club also offers opportunities for competitions by way of galas against other swimming clubs for people with disabilities.
- We also organise various social events throughout the year.
The Officers & Committee are elected every year at the AGM. (see photos here)
The Club may also appoint an Honorary Club President from time to time.
The 2020/21 Officers & Committee were elected as follows:
- Acting Chair Nigel Grey,
- Treasurer Rosemary Noyes,
- Secretary & Child Protection Officer Heather Johnston,
- Assistant Secretary Bijan Ghorbanian,
- Chief Instructor Cheryl Lee
- Competition Secretary Nigel Grey
- Gala Team Manager David Lee
- Club President David Lee
- Committee Members Peter Horne, Linda Clark, Don Lamb, Andy Wallis & Terry Cheshire
- Co-Opted Members (Non Voting) Ann Chivers & Patricia Bonney
Peter Horne has special responsibility for Health & Safety
Annual Accounts are presented to the AGM by the Treasurer
The accounts are then filed with the Charities Commission
All members may attend the AGM and take part in the election and re-election of the Officers & Committee.
On joining the Turtles Swimming Club you should make yourself aware of the constitution and all our policies.
These are due annually on 1st April
£16 per adult
£8 per child / person with disability
£1 per swim (£3 per family)